of algebraic hierarchical decomposition of finite state automata is an
important and well developed branch of theoretical computer science
Beyond this it gives a general model for some important aspects of our
cognitive capabilities and also provides possible means for
constructing artificial cognitive systems: a Krohn-Rhodes decomposition
serves as a formal model of understanding since we comprehend the world
around us in terms of hierarchical representations. In order to
investigate formal models of understanding using this approach, we need
efficient tools but despite the significance of the theory there has
been no computational implementation until this work.
- [ENG] Algebraic Hierarchical Decomposition of Finite State Automata PhD thesis PS PDF
- [HUN] A megértés koordináta-rendszerei elõadásPDF
- [ENG] Coordinate Systems of Understanding UH Research Colloqium Seminar 2006.03.08 PDF
- Krohn-Rhodes VUT decomposition implemented in GAP as a package (in CVS as grasp)
- engine for working with finite ts's including
the Holonomy decomposition with the mapping back implemented in JAVA
(in CVS as jgrasp,
as experimental tool it's hard to point out a particular state of the
source and release. It may eventually happen of course.) It happened, it can be downloaded from sourceforge.
- The final version of the holonomy decomposition will be written as a GAP package.